MULTIPLE INTERMITTENT CLOSURES IN FRESNO FOR UTILTY WORK:
- Road closures along Safford Avenue, between Belmont and Thomas Avenue;
- Lane closures along Belmont Avenue, between Farris and Wilson
- Lane closures along westbound Belmont Avenue, between Weber
and Palm avenues;
- Shoulder closures along southbound Weber Avenue, south of
- Lane closures at the southeast corner of Belmont Avenue and H Street;
- Lane closures along northbound H Street, between Belmont and Palm
- Lane closures along southbound Weber Avenue, between Belmont and Harrison avenues;
- Road closure along southbound Weber Avenue, between Thomas Avenue and H Street;
- Shoulder closure along southbound Weber Avenue, between Arthur
Avenue and H Street;
- Traffic control at the intersection of Belmont and Weber Avenues;
- Road closures along Farris and Harrison avenues, north of Belmont
- Lane closures along Palm Avenue, between Dudley and Franklin avenues.
Work is scheduled from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. starting Monday, June 26 through Thursday, August 31, 2023.
BELMONT AVENUE TRUCK DETOUR
Trucks going north along H Street to Belmont Avenue will be
detoured north on Palm Avenue to McKinley Avenue, east on McKinley Avenue, then south on Blackstone Avenue to Belmont Avenue.
EASTBOUND BELMONT AVENUE TRUCK DETOUR
Trucks going north on H Street to eastbound Belmont Avenue will be detoured north on Palm Avenue to Belmont Avenue.
SOUTHBOUND WEBER AVENUE DETOUR
Traffic going south on Weber Avenue will be detoured west on Olive
Avenue, south on Golden State Boulevard, then east on Belmont Avenue to Weber Avenue / H Street.
Signage and flaggers will be in place to direct traffic. Pedestrian access will be restricted in certain areas. Access will be maintained to all businesses and property owners.
The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority), in cooperation with design-build contractor Tutor-Perini / Zachry / Parsons (TPZP), announces multiple closures along Safford Avenue, Belmont Avenue, Weber Avenue, and H Street in Fresno for utility work. Work is scheduled from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. starting Monday, June 26 through Thursday, Aug. 31, 2023.
This work is part of Construction Package 1 (CP 1), the first 32-mile stretch of high-speed rail between Avenue 19 in Madera County and East American Avenue in Fresno County.
All construction activities and schedules are subject to change. The California High-Speed Rail project is considered a critical infrastructure sector, and as the project continues, staff, contractors and construction workers are following specific guidelines to ensure the health and safety of all employees due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This schedule is subject to change. For up-to-date information please visit BuildHSR.com or the Caltrans Quickmap. Traffic laws will be fully enforced and commuters are expected to be aware of the surrounding activities, remain alert and watch for construction vehicles and personnel. The public is asked to drive carefully and be extra cautious while traveling though the construction areas.