- Road closure along McKinley Avenue, between the State Route (SR) 99 and Golden State Boulevard;
- Road closure along McKinley Avenue, between Golden State Boulevard and West Avenue;
- Lane and shoulder closures along Golden State Boulevard between the SR 99 on-ramp and south of McKinley Avenue;
- Lane and sidewalk closures along McKinley Avenue, between West and Fay avenues.
Work is scheduled from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. starting Sunday, Sept. 24 through Monday, Oct. 2, 2023.
WESTBOUND MCKINLEY AVENUE DETOUR:
- Traffic going west on McKinley Avenue will be detoured north on West Avenue, west on Clinton Avenue, then south on Marks Avenue to McKinley Avenue.
EASTBOUND MCKINLEY AVENUE DETOUR:
- Traffic going eastbound on McKinley Avenue will be detoured west on McKinley Avenue, north on Marks Avenue, east on Clinton Avenue, then south on West Avenue to McKinley Avenue.
Signage will be in place to direct traffic. Access will be maintained to all businesses and property owners. Pedestrian access will be restricted.
Fresno, Calif. – The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority), in cooperation with design-build contractor Tutor-Perini / Zachry / Parsons (TPZP), announces multiple closures along McKinley Avenue and Golden State Boulevard in Fresno for utility work. Work is scheduled from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. starting Sunday, Sept. 24 through Monday, Oct. 2, 2023.
This work is part of Construction Package 1 (CP 1), the first 32-mile stretch of high-speed rail between Avenue 19 in Madera County and East American Avenue in Fresno County.
All construction activities and schedules are subject to change. The California High-Speed Rail project is considered a critical infrastructure sector, and as the project continues, staff, contractors and construction workers are following specific guidelines to ensure the health and safety of all employees due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This schedule is subject to change. For up-to-date information please visit BuildHSR.com or the Caltrans Quickmap. Traffic laws will be fully enforced and commuters are expected to be aware of the surrounding activities, remain alert and watch for construction vehicles and personnel. The public is asked to drive carefully and be extra cautious while traveling though the construction areas.