MULTIPLE ROAD CLOSURES IN FRESNO FOR CONSTRUCTION OF A HIGH-SPEED RAIL OVERCROSSING:
- Road closure along Church Avenue, between Golden State Boulevard and Orange Avenue;
- Road closure along G Street, between California and Cherry avenues;
- Closure of the northbound Golden State Boulevard off-ramp to G Street;
- Road closure along Florence Avenue, east of Railroad Avenue;
- Road closure along Railroad Ave, between Florence and Jensen avenues;
- Road closure along Belgravia Ave, between G Street and East Avenue;
- Road closure along East Avenue, between Florence and Church avenues;
- Road closure along East Avenue, between Railroad Avenue and Golden State Boulevard;
- Road closure along G Street, between Belgravia and Church avenues;
Work is scheduled to begin Thursday, April 27, 2023 and will continue through Fall 2025.
WESTBOUND CHURCH AVENUE DETOUR
Traffic going westbound along Church Avenue will be detoured south on Chestnut Avenue, west on Jensen Avenue, north on Golden State Boulevard, then west on Church Avenue.
EASTBOUND CHURCH AVENUE DETOUR
Traffic going eastbound along Church Avenue will be detoured south on Golden State Boulevard, east on Jensen Avenue, then north on Chestnut Avenue to Church Avenue.
G STREET TO WESTBOUND CHURCH AVENUE TRUCK DETOUR
Traffic going southbound on G Street to westbound Church Avenue will be detoured west on Mono Street, south on F Street, west on Ventura Street, south on C Street, then east on Golden State Boulevard to Church Avenue.
G STREET TO EASTBOUND CHURCH AVENUE TRUCK DETOUR
Traffic going southbound on G Street to eastbound Church Avenue will be detoured east on Mono Street, south on Broadway Street, east on Ventura Street, south on M Street, east on Butler Avenue, then south on Chestnut Avenue to Church Avenue.
Signage will be in place to direct traffic. Access will be maintained to all businesses and property owners.
FRESNO, CALIF. – The California High-Speed Rail Authority (Authority), in cooperation with design-build contractor Tutor-Perini / Zachry / Parsons (TPZP), announces multiple road closures along and near Church, Florence, Railroad, East and Belgravia avenues; and G Street in Fresno for construction of a high-speed rail overcrossing. Work is scheduled to begin Thursday, April 27, 2023 and will continue through Fall 2025.
This work is part of Construction Package 1 (CP 1), the first 32-mile stretch of high-speed rail between Avenue 19 in Madera County and East American Avenue in Fresno County.
All construction activities and schedules are subject to change. The California High-Speed Rail project is considered a critical infrastructure sector, and as the project continues, staff, contractors and construction workers are following specific guidelines to ensure the health and safety of all employees due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This schedule is subject to change. For up-to-date information please visit BuildHSR.com or the Caltrans Quickmap. Traffic laws will be fully enforced and commuters are expected to be aware of the surrounding activities, remain alert and watch for construction vehicles and personnel. The public is asked to drive carefully and be extra cautious while traveling though the construction areas.